Missed the purpose of this blog? Click HERE!

Friday, March 23, 2012

...mexican-style sweet shredded pork... pg.140

Cafe Rio/Costa Vida. I say that name, and most of you start drooling, Yes? Just me??


After moving here from Utah, having Costa Vida (yes, my fav) regularly, I went through withdrawls. I found copycat recipes online for this sweet pork and made it frequently. Well this is the second time I've made this pork recipe from the cookbook. It's dang good! Overall, out of all the recipes I've tried for sweet pork, this one isn't my favorite, but it's really good. There's just something missing that gives it the authentic Costa Vida sweetness. One of the major differences between recipes is this recipe calls for apple juice, the others call for Coke.









I threw in the black beans from the cookbook, made some lime-cilantro rice, used those awesome tortillas from Costco, and added the cilantro-lime ranch dressing, and VOILA! Deliciousness in my mouth.


So if you're looking for a yummy pork recipe for tacos, try this. If you're looking for something to hold you over until the next time you get the chance to eat at Cafe Rio/Costa Vida... yeah, try this.

No comments: