Missed the purpose of this blog? Click HERE!

Monday, May 7, 2012

...bacon wrapped teriyaki chicken... pg. 117

you can find this recipe HERE
Oh. MY. GOSH. These are to die for! Really. You need to make these. Like yesterday. They were pretty easy to make. My bacon was a little on the thick side, and they say not to use thick bacon. But mine turned out great.

So I'm usually not a fan of things wrapped in bacon. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE bacon. But I HATE soggy, or undercooked bacon. I'm truly a bacon snob. So I was really nervous making these, for the fact that the bacon wouldn't crisp up. I guess I should mention that I baked these in the oven. Our propane was out the day I made these, otherwise i would have used the grill... anyway.... Lets go back to the marinating... I was little hesitant in marinating pineapple. That sounds really gross. I did it anyways.

The recipe says to heat the oven to 400 and cook for 20 minutes. Well after about 15 minutes, the bacon wasn't crisping. So I turned it up to 425 and cooked it an extra 5 minutes. So 25 minutes total. They were PERFECT! perfectly cooked, bacon was perfectly crisp. They were just so good! The thing I didn't like was the pineapple. That was not my favorite. If I hadn't marinated it, it would have been fine. But as it marinates, it sucks up all the sauce, and it was just not good. Maybe someone else would like it. But Jeff and i didn't care too much for the pineapple.




Ohhhh I wish I could make these again tonight! yummmm.

2 comments:

Mary Kelly said...

I'm going to try these soon. Did you use fresh or canned pineapple?

The Copy Cat Chef said...

I used fresh, cause I happened to have it at the time.